The Interledger Community 🌱

Discussion on: What advice would you give our new grantees?

Collapse

end3r profile image
Andrzej Mazur

Given we published our final Grant report two days ago I can toss in a few lessons learned:

• Don't plan for the perfect circumstances, remember that unexpected things happen, and you need some extra time for things that you'll have to do, but haven't considered in your original timeline.
  • That said, don't be afraid to adjust your timeline and change milestones when needed, if this is going to help you deliver your project.
  • We're all experimenting, which means not everything will turn out as we wanted. Don't be afraid to say "this didn't work", and embrace the fact that we are learning from failures as well. A "failed" project is a successful experiment that proved something eventually.
  • Make sure to communicate often with the team - they are here for you, and want to help you. Treat them as the experts you can ask about anything rather than a boss checking on you. They know what they are doing, have knowledge and experience, and want your project to succeed.
  • Share your progress with others, comment other grantees' work, initiate discussions, try to collaborate. If two or more individual projects can find ways to work together, I guarantee you both will greatly benefit from it. We're a community of lovely people who enjoy doing what they're doing, and I'm sure if you ask, you'll get help and support. Be the same for others - encourage them, give advice, offer solutions. We're in this together.
Collapse

radhyr profile image
Radhy

Thanks for the advices Andrzej! Now with others and I newly joined in GftW family I hope the community will be more vibrant from now on 🎉🎉

Also, other grantees and I might decide to start a new competition in the future for our works--I hope you don't mind us asking pointers from you as a veteran competition organizer!
🙏🙏🙏

Collapse

end3r profile image
Andrzej Mazur

Sure, reach out when you'll need me and I'll be more than happy to help with the competition!

Thread Thread

radhyr profile image
Radhy

👍👍👍