The Interledger Community 🌱

Cover image for Weekly Round-Up Post! (May 24th, 2021)
Chris Lawrence for Grant for the Web

Posted on

Weekly Round-Up Post! (May 24th, 2021)

Alt text of image

An unexpected little glitch upended our normal "Fridays are for Round-Ups" schedule. We will make sure to leave out memes of sweet treats for these little gremlins as to not invite their wrath again!

Erika and I joined the Just A Meme Podcast

Greg Hannam interviewed Erika and I For the final episode of this season of Vivid IoV Labs' Just A Meme Podcast. I forgot these were also on video and had sent my hair and make-up person home for the day...

Barriers to adoption for Web Monetization

The team at Decentralization Off The Shelf published a detailed and helpful report about what stands in the way of broader adoption of Web Monetization. This is a must read for all of us working in this space.

Web Monetized content whack-a-mole!

Our favorite Math teacher Dr. Carol JVF Burns shares a brilliant and playful way to help motivate her users to sign up for Coil when they browse lessons and tutorials at her Tree of Math website

von Doom is actually a sweet guy

Outgoing Grant for the Web Ambassador Jesse von Doom has an insightful final post as his time with us ends. We appreciate these reflections and are inspired by his vision for a way forward. Good luck at Glitch Jesse!

Rashon breaks it down

In his final grant report Rashon Massey shares about his success turning himself into a one person Web Monetized broadcast network. The work he does is inspiring. For all indie content creators out there who want to learn how to maximize their Web Monetization, watch what Rashon does. He also mentions he wants more virtual community meet-ups. Hmmm. Watch this space.

Projects wrapping up

Roelf-Jan mentioned he just noticed the Round-Ups and appreciates them, so how could we not include his final report for Micrio: Ultra resolution Storytelling? Both of his reports do a great job of detailing the journey of larger projects as they explore Web Monetization.

Projects wrapping up #2

Casey Herd of Ballet Rising gives his final report. We have been proud to help Casey and Ballet Rising's mission!

Header image is Tumbeasts by Matthew Inman and under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. It can be found on Wikimedia Commons.

Top comments (0)