The Interledger Community 🌱

Discussion on: Bi-Weekly Discussion: Have you experienced failures with Web Monetization?

Collapse

radhyr profile image
Radhy • Edited

Sometimes Web Monetization event listener doesn't trigger in my webapp, which I found recently after doing a marathon of manual test of content lock in my project. It's probably an edge case since how my webapp not adopting traditional server-side rendering, and I didn't encounter it too much often after doing some investigation and adding some code to patch the bug. Even if it does happen often, a single reload usually solve the problem away.

And also I happen to underestimate adopting WM receipt verifier to my JavaScript library. Even when using readily available public receipt verification service made by Web Monetization team there are many complications to consider for adopting it such as CORS issue and extra latency to verify the Web Monetization stream as opposed to use Web Monetization raw without receipt verifier protection. I believe this is definitely be better in the future, but still I'm a bit disappointed in finding that it is not so "plug-n-play" comparing to other Web Monetization features I tried so far.