The Interledger Community 🌱

Discussion on: ProgNovel is LIVE!

Collapse

radhyr profile image
Radhy • Edited

Hello @monitoring!

To answer your question, unfortunately currently the backend is still vendor locked in to Cloudflare Workers serverless platform, so you need CF Workers account to host the backend (no need for premium account, just use free-tier for testing). You'll need to authenticate to CF Workers when you run "wrangler login" on your CLI. Github account isn't needed actually for the backend if you manage to publish just via CF Worker's Wrangler CLI, I sorta put Github there as requirement maybe because I sloppily copy-paste'd the readme template from the frontend repo.

There was a plan to host the backend as static JSON files that not requiring CF Workers platform but put them into traditional CDN - but that was scrapped earlier in the development since they don't really protect premium chapters from being downloaded from browsers' devtools. ProgNovel default for now is to use serverless for the backend, though there still consideration for option to scale the backend with Serverless + Static JSON hybrid in the future, depending how ProgNovel is actually being used.

Collapse

radhyr profile image
Radhy

@monitoring I noticed you sent me an email regarding of ProgNovel. We can talk over email for potential collaboration you propose.

In the meantime, this community also over various projects that experiments and exploring new and novel business models like ProgNovel does. So feel free to browse/join post and discussions this community has to offer!