The Interledger Community 🌱

Vineel R. Pindi
Vineel R. Pindi

Posted on

Community Building: 12 Lessons from Open Source

Last month, I spoke at the CityJS Conference, in New Delhi, representing the Interledger Foundation to share on Building Sustainable Communities: Lessons from Open Source.

These are some lessons I've learned, and I hope to hear your thoughts.

Building Sustainable Communities: Lessons from Open Source | PPT

Building Sustainable Communities: Lessons from Open Source - Download as a PDF or view online for free

favicon slideshare.net

Link to the 12 Lessons: https://www.slideshare.net/vineelreddy/building-sustainable-communities-lessons-from-open-source

With the help of the Interledger Foundation team and insights from the community, we're working on the current Interledger Community Contribution Pathways and building on top of them to support the community at large. It was insightful to talk to many of you 1-1 on the pathways to support local communities. This shall be an ongoing conversation, so stay tuned, and I'm excited to hear your thoughts as we move forward.

Top comments (4)

Collapse

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave

Great advice shared within, Vineel. Shared similar advice in talks over the years. It’s the sort of true community building that many in marketing and entertainment industries (and sadly often education) have trouble comprehending, as it’s not about control but empowering others to shine. Also noting that much of what you share is what I think Adam has done a great job of with @gfam.

Collapse

gfam profile image
gFam

Thanks so much Erica! Community building is so much harder than I ever would have imagined... but it's also incredibly rewarding as well.

Collapse

ericahargreave profile image
Erica Hargreave • Edited

That it is, on both accounts. Makes a huge difference though when approached with a desire for true community in mind, and when creating with the notion of supporting others, rather than ego and self gain. That support for others is clear with you, which is why I highlighted you here.

Collapse

gfam profile image
gFam

Awesome! Thanks for sharing all of this. Totally agree with everything you've mentioned here... love the photo at the end, I hadn't seen that before.